Canadian athletes return from Winter Games
By Jason Ramroop and Wrence Trinidad
Team Canada arrived at Toronto’s Pearson Airport yesterday afternoon after a long flight from Pyeongchang, South Korea.
A warm welcome was in store for the athletes, as dozens of supporters showed up to greet them.
Ice dancing gold medalists Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue were a few of the many athletes returning to Toronto.
The 2018 Winter Olympic Games finished with Canada winning a total of 29 medals, 11 of which were gold.
That was good enough to place third in the medal standings, trailing only behind Norway and Germany.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Hundreds of students protest OSAP funding changes at Queen’s Park - January 25, 2019
- Diversity reigns in 2018 U.S. midterms - November 7, 2018
- Trump declares national emergency to build border wall - February 15, 2019
- Video of woman throwing chair off Toronto balcony goes viral - February 15, 2019
- One Billion Rising anti-sexual violence campaign comes to Humber North - February 15, 2019