Argonauts celebrate Grey Cup victory
By Jason Ramroop and Gulled Omar
The Toronto Argonauts were greeted by thousands of fans who packed Nathan Phillips Square for their championship rally.
Cabbie Richards was hosting the rally, then introduced the players onto the podium to receive recognition and support from their fans.
The Argos mounted an unlikely comeback against the favorite Calgary Stampeders in Sunday’s snowy title game to win the 105th Grey Cup in Ottawa.
Fans showed up decked out in Argo’s gear, wearing double blue, holding signs and cheering on their Argo’s who brought the championship trophy back home to Toronto.
Fans had plenty to cheer about as this win resulted in the team’s league-leading 17th championship.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Diversity reigns in 2018 U.S. midterms - November 7, 2018
- Democrats take the win in Michigan - November 7, 2018
- Democrats grab House, Republicans hold Senate — stage set for 2020 - November 7, 2018
- Rashida Tlaib: Making history, one knock at a time - November 6, 2018
- Ryerson panel debates cultural appropriation in artistic process - November 25, 2018
- ‘Talisman’ on display at MOCA - November 23, 2018
- Anthropocene exhibit shows how humans have permanently changed Earth - November 23, 2018