By: Matt Hodder & Dylan Perego
Chef Jagger Gordon and Feed It Forward held the grand opening of their new restaurant, Soup Bar, on Sunday. The restaurant offers free bread and soup at a price that patrons decide for themselves.
Soup Bar’s “pay-what-you-can” format asks that people pay for their meal and, if they can afford to, a meal for someone else. Patrons are encouraged to use meal vouchers in the form of poker chips if they cannot afford their food.
The ingredients that Soup Bar uses in its food are provided by grocery stores that would otherwise be throwing it out.
Soup Bar is located east of Bathurst on Dundas.
Humber News filed this video report:
Latest posts by (see all)
- Hundreds of students protest OSAP funding changes at Queen’s Park - January 25, 2019
- Diversity reigns in 2018 U.S. midterms - November 7, 2018
- Trump declares national emergency to build border wall - February 15, 2019
- Video of woman throwing chair off Toronto balcony goes viral - February 15, 2019
- One Billion Rising anti-sexual violence campaign comes to Humber North - February 15, 2019