By: Matt Hodder & Dylan Perego
Chef Jagger Gordon and Feed It Forward held the grand opening of their new restaurant, Soup Bar, on Sunday. The restaurant offers free bread and soup at a price that patrons decide for themselves.
Soup Bar’s “pay-what-you-can” format asks that people pay for their meal and, if they can afford to, a meal for someone else. Patrons are encouraged to use meal vouchers in the form of poker chips if they cannot afford their food.
The ingredients that Soup Bar uses in its food are provided by grocery stores that would otherwise be throwing it out.
Soup Bar is located east of Bathurst on Dundas.
Humber News filed this video report:
Latest posts by (see all)
- Diversity reigns in 2018 U.S. midterms - November 7, 2018
- Democrats take the win in Michigan - November 7, 2018
- Democrats grab House, Republicans hold Senate — stage set for 2020 - November 7, 2018
- Rashida Tlaib: Making history, one knock at a time - November 6, 2018
- Ryerson panel debates cultural appropriation in artistic process - November 25, 2018
- ‘Talisman’ on display at MOCA - November 23, 2018
- Anthropocene exhibit shows how humans have permanently changed Earth - November 23, 2018