Canadian athletes return from Winter Games
By Jason Ramroop and Wrence Trinidad
Team Canada arrived at Toronto’s Pearson Airport yesterday afternoon after a long flight from Pyeongchang, South Korea.
A warm welcome was in store for the athletes, as dozens of supporters showed up to greet them.
Ice dancing gold medalists Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue were a few of the many athletes returning to Toronto.
The 2018 Winter Olympic Games finished with Canada winning a total of 29 medals, 11 of which were gold.
That was good enough to place third in the medal standings, trailing only behind Norway and Germany.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Diversity reigns in 2018 U.S. midterms - November 7, 2018
- Democrats take the win in Michigan - November 7, 2018
- Democrats grab House, Republicans hold Senate — stage set for 2020 - November 7, 2018
- Rashida Tlaib: Making history, one knock at a time - November 6, 2018
- Ryerson panel debates cultural appropriation in artistic process - November 25, 2018
- ‘Talisman’ on display at MOCA - November 23, 2018
- Anthropocene exhibit shows how humans have permanently changed Earth - November 23, 2018